By James Clackson
- Brings jointly contributions from across the world well known classicists, linguists and Latin language specialists
- Offers, in one quantity, a close account of alternative literary registers of the Latin language
- Explores the social and political contexts of Latin
- Includes new money owed of the Latin language in mild of recent linguistic theory
- Supplemented with illustrations protecting the improvement of the Latin alphabet
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Latin Language (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Over the last twenty years, African American writers have emerged as a different and dominant strength in international literature. This strength has been collecting momentum because the Nineteen Fifties, whilst James Baldwin released a few of his so much compelling works and Ralph Ellison surprised the literary institution along with his staggering Invisible guy (1952).
Patrick Chamoiseau: A severe creation examines the profession, oeuvre, and literary theories of 1 of an important Caribbean writers residing at the present time. Chamoiseau's paintings sheds mild at the dynamic methods of creolization that experience formed Caribbean heritage and tradition. he's the recipient of various literary prizes, together with the celebrated Prix Goncourt for the epic novel Texaco.
Vietnam and the Colonial situation of French Literature explores a side of contemporary French literature that has been always ignored in literary histories: the connection among the colonies—their cultures, languages, and people—and formal shifts in French literary creation. ranging from the basis that neither cultural identification nor cultural construction will be natural or homogenous, Leslie Barnes initiates a brand new discourse at the French literary canon via interpreting the paintings of 3 iconic French writers with own connections to Vietnam: André Malraux, Marguerite Duras, and Linda Lê.
In Race and Resistance: Literature and Politics in Asian the US, Viet Nguyen argues that Asian American intellectuals have idealized Asian the United States, ignoring its saturation with capitalist practices. This idealization of Asian the USA signifies that Asian American intellectuals can neither grapple with their culture's ideological variety nor realize their very own involvement with capitalist practices similar to the promoting of racial id.
- How Poems Think
- Edition und Erforschung lateinischer patristischer Texte (Corpus Scriptorum Ecclesiasticorum Latinorum) (German Edition)
- Virginia Woolf and December 1910: Studies in Rhetoric and Context
- A Tale Blazed Through Heaven: Imitation and Invention in the Golden Age of Spain (Oxford Modern Languages and Literature Monographs)
- A Companion to George Eliot (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
Extra resources for A Companion to the Latin Language (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to the Latin Language (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by James Clackson